The Asokan Awards, targeting amateur photographers of age 25 years or less, were instituted by the family of the late Mr. Asokan VS, an eminent photographer and Life Member of the Photographic Society of Madras (PSM).
PSM is pleased to announce the Fifth edition of Asokan Awards 2020, open for entries from February 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021.
A maximum of three contestants from the participants will be awarded cash prizes (Rs 5,000/- Rs 3,000/- and Rs 2,000/- respectively) with Digital Citations. There will also be three Honourable Mentions with Digital Citations.
- The Theme for the contest is ‘Open Colour’.
- Every participant can submit 3 images.
- Images will have to conform to 1920 x 1080 pixels at 300 dpi and the file size must not exceed 2 MB
- Each image needs to have a title. Images with title ‘untitled’ will not be accepted.
- Each image has to be titled as follows:
- Images should not have any watermarks or text or markings.
- Judging will be done by a Jury panel comprising of 1 family member of Late Mr. Asokan VS and 2 members from PSM.
- Participants are required to declare that they are 25 years or less than 25 years old as of February 28, 2021. Proof of age would be requested in the case of winners and an honorary mention at the time of announcement of results.
- Participants are required to register for the contest via the google form for which the link is provided here: https://forms.gle/zuZUdtfiUGqLQ2xE7
- On registration, you will be receiving an acknowledgement on your registered email id. Forward the mail received along with your entries as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The participants will have to declare in the google form that the images submitted are their original work.
- The images submitted should not have won any award in any Salon (domestic/international) or in any competition in India or Abroad. To this effect, a declaration will have to be given by the participant in the google form.
- The Jury’s decision on selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- By participating in this contest, the winner / honourably mentioned agrees for PSM to use the winning images on their website and for other promotional purposes. To this effect, a declaration will have to be given by the participant in the google form.
- Cash awards will be Rs 5000/- for 1st Prize, Rs 3000/- for 2nd Prize and Rs 2000/- for 3rd Prize along with digital citations. Prize Money will be effected by bank transfer to the winning participants’ bank account.
- 3 Honourable Mentions will be given digital citations.
Timeline for the Contest
- Opens for Entries – February 1, 2021
- Closes for Entries – February 28, 2021
- Selection by Jury Panel – by March 14, 2021
- Announcement of Results – by March 17, 2021
- Award Ceremony – on March 27, 2021
For any clarification, contact:
Mr. Narayanan Muthiah
Director Programs, Competitions and Workshops
Photographic Society of Madras
Joint Director Programs, Competitions and Workshops
Photographic Society of Madras